What Is a MAP®
A Motivated Abilities Pattern (MAP®) describes an individual's lifelong pattern of motivation and behavior in terms of five essential elements:
- The motivated abilities that the person uses to accomplish anything that matters to them.
- The motivated subject matter that they most naturally work on, with, or through.
- The motivated circumstances under which they thrive.
- The motivated relationships they prefer to have with others.
- The central motivational thrust or "payoff" that essentially drives the person's behavior.
While many adults can identify various pieces of their motivational pattern, they rarely see how all those pieces fit together to create the whole picture of their giftedness. As a result, they have misperceptions about their true strengths. The Giftedness Center puts all the pieces together into an accurate and comprehensive picture so that a person can gain the best possible information about themself.